Welcome
Login:   Pass:     Register - Forgot Password - Resend Activation

Turkish Class Forums / Language

Language

Add reply to this discussion
General questıons
(12 Messages in 2 pages - View all)
[1] 2
1.       Moamen
29 posts
 06 Nov 2014 Thu 03:33 pm

Hello, 


 


Could you please help me with these questions.


 


1- "tebessümleriyle büyüten babam"


ًWhat / Whom does the i refer to ?


 


 


 


 2-" Bazen o yıkılan evimizi ziyaret ediyorum, ama o güzelliklerden,sadece bahçe


ortasında kalakalmış boynu büyük fıdanı görüyorum"



What does that mean ?


 


   


3- "Bazen yüzüne bakarak saçımı taradığım aynamızı bulamıyorum"


Who´s face is the speaker talking about?


 


 


4-"hani baba senin hediye ettiğin resimli kitap vardı ya işte onu da bulamıyorum"


What does that mean? and what does işte mean in general.


 


 5- "sıcak nuruyla kalbını isitan annem ve babamı bulamıyorum"


I can´t understand the meaning of the sentence, again who´s heart is the speaker talking about?


6- 


"Ben o kerpiçleri duvarların yüzüne yansıyan hayatımı görüyorum"


to me that means, "..that reflects to the wall´s face.." which doesn´t make sense, what´s the correct translation?


 


7-  


"Arka bağdaki ağaçların yaprakları sararmış yere düşünyordu"


is "sararmis" a verb ? what does the sentence mean.


 


8- 


"o evin içi dünyanün bütün mutluğuyla doluydu"


To me that means something like "That house was filled all the happiness in the world", but why isn´t "doluydu" in the passive form ? I mean it´s active yet it is active yet has a passive meaning.


 


-9


"Annem ise ilkokul öğretmeniydi"


What does ise mean generally and in that context, sounds like "also" to me. 


 


 


10-


"ben de benim için kitaptır diye sayfaların arasındaki resmleri aramaya başladım"


 What does that mean, does it mean "As the owner of the book" ?or since the book is mine?


 


Thank you for your time

2.       Abla
3647 posts
 06 Nov 2014 Thu 04:11 pm

Quote: Moamen

1- "tebessümleriyle büyüten babam"


ًWhat / Whom does the i refer to ?

 

Interesting sentences you have here.

 

My Try:

 

´my father who brought (me) up with his smiles´

Moamen liked this message
3.       Abla
3647 posts
 06 Nov 2014 Thu 04:28 pm

Quote: Moamen

2-" Bazen o yıkılan evimizi ziyaret ediyorum, ama o güzelliklerden,sadece bahçe

ortasında kalakalmış boynu büyük fıdanı görüyorum"



What does that mean ?

 

Sometimes I visit our demolished house. But the only thing I see of those beauties is a tall sapling which has been left in the middle of the garden.

Moamen liked this message
4.       Abla
3647 posts
 06 Nov 2014 Thu 04:33 pm

Quote: Moamen

3- "Bazen yüzüne bakarak saçımı taradığım aynamızı bulamıyorum"


Who´s face is the speaker talking about?

 

I think  -  and I am not sure  -  it is not anyone´s face but the surface of the mirror that they are talking about.

 

´Sometimes I cannot find our mirror which I used to look at when combing my hair.´

Moamen liked this message
5.       Abla
3647 posts
 06 Nov 2014 Thu 04:38 pm

Quote: Moamen

4-"hani baba senin hediye ettiğin resimli kitap vardı ya işte onu da bulamıyorum"


What does that mean? and what does işte mean in general.

 

´You know, father, there was an illustrated book that you gave me as a gift and as you see I cannot find that either.´

 

But there is much more to that mysterious işte  -  a native speaker can explain that better.

Moamen liked this message
6.       Abla
3647 posts
 06 Nov 2014 Thu 04:49 pm

Quote: Moamen

5- "sıcak nuruyla kalbını isitan annem ve babamı bulamıyorum"

 

I can´t understand the meaning of the sentence, again who´s heart is the speaker talking about?

Grammatically it can refer only to the second or the third person: your heart, their own heart of the heart of a third part mentioned earlier.

 

I guess it is SG2 used in a generalized meaning: ´my mother and father who filled people´s hearts with deep contentment with their warm light´. But I am not sure.

Moamen liked this message
7.       Abla
3647 posts
 06 Nov 2014 Thu 04:52 pm

Quote: Moamen

6- 


"Ben o kerpiçleri duvarların yüzüne yansıyan hayatımı görüyorum"


to me that means, "..that reflects to the wall´s face.." which doesn´t make sense, what´s the correct translation?

 

Again, I think it is not ´face´ but ´surface´.

 

´I can see my life reflected on those brick walls.´

Moamen liked this message
8.       Abla
3647 posts
 06 Nov 2014 Thu 04:58 pm

Quote: Moamen

7-  


"Arka bağdaki ağaçların yaprakları sararmış yere düşünyordu"


is "sararmis" a verb ? what does the sentence mean.

 

I think it is düşüyordu.

 

´The leaves of the trees in the rear of the garden were falling down on the ground which had turned yellow

 

sararmış is a participle, i.e. a verb yes.



Edited (11/6/2014) by Abla

Moamen liked this message
9.       Abla
3647 posts
 06 Nov 2014 Thu 05:01 pm

Quote: Moamen

8- 


"o evin içi dünyanün bütün mutluğuyla doluydu"


To me that means something like "That house was filled all the happiness in the world", but why isn´t "doluydu" in the passive form ? I mean it´s active yet it is active yet has a passive meaning.

dolu is an adjective. doluydu ´it was full´, modified with ile > full of happiness.

Moamen liked this message
10.       Abla
3647 posts
 06 Nov 2014 Thu 05:03 pm

Quote: Moamen

10-


"ben de benim için kitaptır diye sayfaların arasındaki resmleri aramaya başladım"


 What does that mean, does it mean "As the owner of the book" ?or since the book is mine?

I would say ´because the book was for me´.

Moamen liked this message
(12 Messages in 2 pages - View all)
[1] 2
Add reply to this discussion




Turkish Dictionary
Turkish Chat
Open mini chat
New in Forums
24 HOUR FLASH SALE for learning Turkish e-...
qdemir: ...
Grammar Textbook
qdemir: ...
E-T: I see you have done this before?
harp00n: Bunu ... daha önce de ... Bu konuda iyi olduğun ç...
E-T: It´s one of the things on my bu...
denizli: hmmm I ... think there are suffixes ... nor ... But I know wha...
T-E
og2009: ...
T-E
og2009: ...
coronavirus
og2009: ...
OUR FRIENDS
og2009: ...
Coronavirus
harp00n: ...
TLC servers hacked, all user emails & pass...
alerque: This sites entire user database seems to have been hacked, I´m ...
T-E
og2009: ...
Individually Tailored Private Turkish Less...
sumrutemur: Do you want to learn Turkish? Do you want to improve your speaking, wr...
Random Pictures of Turkey
Add thumbnails like this to your site
Most commented