Add reply to this discussion
Moderators: libralady, sonunda
Travelling to Turkey - personal experiences
(29 Messages in 3 pages - View all)
[1] 2 3
1.       catwoman
8933 posts
 20 Jul 2008 Sun 07:42 pm

Have you traveled to Turkey recently? In this thread please tell us where in Turkey you have visited, what you liked and didn´t like, what suggestions you have for people who are planning to visit that place... etc.

As much as possible, please try to include information about transportation, accommodation, attractions, food options, is it a touristy/non-touristy area...etc.

2.       DaveT
70 posts
 21 Jul 2008 Mon 05:37 am

For what it´s worth, my last visit to Turkey, to the wedding of two of my friends, merited a mention in the local news.

http://www.erzincan.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3795&Itemid=101

Munzur Gözelerini is a wonderful place and well worth a visit but of course my friends´ wedding, as well as being able to see many other friends, made it special to me.

Everyone I encountered was very friendly but it helped a lot that I was traveling with a group of Turkish people, including local Ovacık and Tunceli people. I suspect I would have had some difficulties had I been on my own.

We went through quite a number of checkpoints, albeit with no problems.

3.       Trudy
7887 posts
 03 Aug 2008 Sun 07:58 pm

I´m thinking of translating my latest essay about my roundtrip in summer 2007. Thinking just because it will take much time and I just can´t sit that long yet. And if it is translated I might upload it as an essay here (I promise to leave it there, no matter what... ).

But, then I need the help of native English speakers. My English may seem ok but I do know from previous essays I make many, many grammatical mistakes. So, if I have it translated - which will take weeks at least! - is there anyone who can correct it for me? (It is a quite long story, sorry I´m always extensive in my descriptions and experiences.)

4.       lauralee85
39 posts
 03 Aug 2008 Sun 08:22 pm

I would be willing to help edit your paper for any grammatical mistakes! Just let me know when it´s ready

5.       girleegirl
5065 posts
 03 Aug 2008 Sun 11:29 pm

Quoting Trudy:

I´m thinking of translating my latest essay about my roundtrip in summer 2007. Thinking just because it will take much time and I just can´t sit that long yet. And if it is translated I might upload it as an essay here (I promise to leave it there, no matter what... ).

But, then I need the help of native English speakers. My English may seem ok but I do know from previous essays I make many, many grammatical mistakes. So, if I have it translated - which will take weeks at least! - is there anyone who can correct it for me? (It is a quite long story, sorry I´m always extensive in my descriptions and experiences.)

I´d be glad to help you Trudy.

6.       Leelu
1746 posts
 04 Aug 2008 Mon 03:40 am

Quoting Trudy:

You can count me in too if you need help Trudy!!

7.       Trudy
7887 posts
 04 Aug 2008 Mon 08:43 am

Leelu, GG and Laura85: thanks for offering help. I´ll let you know by PM when I have finished a part.

8.       Elisabeth
5732 posts
 04 Aug 2008 Mon 06:35 pm

Quoting Trudy:

Whatever you need, Trudy....just PM me.

9.       Elisabeth
5732 posts
 04 Aug 2008 Mon 06:40 pm

My last trip to Turkey was in 2007. I flew to Istanbul and stayed there for a few days to recover. I did my usual round of shopping and bargain hunting in the markets. I then flew to Bodrum, rented a car and drove to Akbuk where we have a beach house that we stay in. The worst part of the trip was the cost of gasoline...not only for my car but for the propane I needed for our home.

We visited Ephesus, and drove to Izmir to visit friends. We also took an overnight trip in my husband´s village and visited family. Mostly we just relaxed on the beach, cooked wonderful meals and enjoyed the quiet.

10.       Trudy
7887 posts
 04 Aug 2008 Mon 06:59 pm

Quoting Elisabeth:

My last trip to Turkey was in 2007. I flew to Istanbul and stayed there for a few days to recover. I did my usual round of shopping and bargain hunting in the markets. I then flew to Bodrum, rented a car and drove to Akbuk where we have a beach house that we stay in. The worst part of the trip was the cost of gasoline...not only for my car but for the propane I needed for our home.

We visited Ephesus, and drove to Izmir to visit friends. We also took an overnight trip in my husband´s village and visited family. Mostly we just relaxed on the beach, cooked wonderful meals and enjoyed the quiet.

And where is the essay of this trip?

(29 Messages in 3 pages - View all)
[1] 2 3
Add reply to this discussion

Turkish Dictionary
Turkish Chat
Open mini chat
New in Forums
Why yer gördüm but yeri geziyorum
HaydiDeer: Thank you very much, makes perfect sense!
Etmeyi vs etmek
HaydiDeer: Thank you very much!
Görülmez vs görünmiyor
HaydiDeer: Thank you very much, very well explained!
Içeri and içeriye
HaydiDeer: Thank you very much for the detailed ...
Present continous tense
HaydiDeer: Got it, thank you!
Hic vs herhangi, degil vs yok
HaydiDeer: Thank you very much!
Rize Artvin Airport Transfer - Rize Tours
rizetours: Dear Guest; In order to make your Black Sea trip more enjoyable, our c...
What does \"kabul ettiğini\" mean?
HaydiDeer: Thank you very much for the detailed ...
Kimse vs biri (anyone)
HaydiDeer: Thank you!
Random Pictures of Turkey
Most commented