Welcome
Login:   Pass:     Register - Forgot Password - Resend Activation

Turkish Class Forums / General/Off-topic

General/Off-topic

Add reply to this discussion
What are you listening now?
(7218 Messages in 722 pages - View all)
<<  ... 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 [691] 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 ...  >>
6900.       si++
3785 posts
 22 Sep 2010 Wed 04:40 pm

Ağlarsa anam ağlar - Üç Hürel

6901.       Zagreb
39 posts
 26 Sep 2010 Sun 08:37 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TcOUuGMMk8

Gibonni - Mirakul

6902.       Shaylynn
80 posts
 26 Sep 2010 Sun 05:44 pm

Triangle Sun-When the rain comes falling down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3d09cSa2JE

6903.       alameda
3499 posts
 27 Sep 2010 Mon 06:59 pm

I will always love you  the Whitney Houston version. Then  The Dolly Parton one...

6904.       TheAenigma
5001 posts
 27 Sep 2010 Mon 09:45 pm

Quoting alameda

I will always love you  the Whitney Houston version. Then  The Dolly Parton one...

The original Dolly Parton one is lovely - the Whitney one is over the top, show-offy and vile!

6905.       alameda
3499 posts
 27 Sep 2010 Mon 10:26 pm

Quoting TheAenigma

The original Dolly Parton one is lovely - the Whitney one is over the top, show-offy and vile!

Interesting....I love Dolly...and her version is great....but Whitney´s makes the hair on my neck stand up....and tears come to my eyes. She takes me on a ride....

It may be what you are used to. I´ve heard a lot of Black Gospel music, and I love the over the top aspect.

Hey, we are talking about love here...you don´t hold back in love...or do you?

Have you heard this one by Dolly, Jolene?  Ha ha ha..how funny we are talking about someone being more over the top than Dolly?

Edited (9/27/2010) by alameda

6906.       TheAenigma
5001 posts
 27 Sep 2010 Mon 10:37 pm

Quoting alameda

Interesting....I love Dolly...and her version is great....but Whitney´s makes the hair on my neck stand up....and tears come to my eyes. She takes me on a ride....

It may be what you are used to. I´ve heard a lot of Black Gospel music, and I love the over the top aspect.

Hey, we are talking about love here...you don´t hold back in love...or do you?

Have you heard this one by Dolly Jolene?  Ha ha ha..ghow funny we are talking about someone being more over the top than Dolly?

It´s hard to explain.  I love music from the heart (and soul) - who could not love songs like "Change is Gonna Come" by Sam Cooke. "When a Man Loves a Woman" Percy Sledge or pretty much anything by Aretha Franklin - the list is endless, BUT....Whitney´s version of "I will always love you" is nauseating!  It is all about proving what a set of vocal chords she has, rather than tenderness or emotion.  The video showing her needless re-verb of the lips while she sings.....yuckkkkkkkk!  Still - each to their own I guess

I think you misunderstood me - I think Whitney´s version is cold and hard - not "too over the top"

Edited (9/27/2010) by TheAenigma

6907.       busyb
117 posts
 27 Sep 2010 Mon 10:53 pm

Quoting TheAenigma

It´s hard to explain.  I love music from the heart (and soul) - who could not love songs like "Change is Gonna Come" by Sam Cooke. "When a Man Loves a Woman" Percy Sledge or pretty much anything by Aretha Franklin - the list is endless, BUT....Whitney´s version of "I will always love you" is nauseating!  It is all about proving what a set of vocal chords she has, rather than tenderness or emotion.  The video showing her needless re-verb of the lips while she sings.....yuckkkkkkkk!  Still - each to their own I guess

I agree with both here. I love whitney´s version much better because she sings it so effortlessly back then (though now i´m not so much of a fan) but I get what you mean TheAenigma about singers proving what a set of vocal chords they have. Especially when they sing so high pitched it sounds awful and one famous for it is Mariah Carey and for that I can´t stand a lot of her singing. It gives me an ear ache.

Never been much of a fan of Dolly but one country singer I do love is John Denver - great great voice

Edited (9/27/2010) by busyb

6908.       thehandsom
7403 posts
 28 Sep 2010 Tue 12:01 am

Quoting busyb

Never been much of a fan of Dolly but one country singer I do love is John Denver - great great voice

{#emotions_dlg.you_crazy}  {#emotions_dlg.you_crazy} Every body loves Dolly!

6909.       TheAenigma
5001 posts
 28 Sep 2010 Tue 12:19 am

Quoting thehandsom

{#emotions_dlg.you_crazy}  {#emotions_dlg.you_crazy} Every body loves Dolly!

{#emotions_dlg.lol_fast}

6910.       thehandsom
7403 posts
 28 Sep 2010 Tue 01:10 am

I have a little story about Dolly Parton actually...
I was working in Pakistan and one day our Area manager came to visit our camp..And it was summer and we had these delicious mangoes as fruit in the menu.
And he was a British/Pakistani (and a  Turkish later on) person. We could not handle the mangos quite well.. despite the delicious taste, it is difficuly to cut and eat mangoes.. It is very messy; difficult to watch others to eat it..It is a kind of ´eat single fruit´.. He told us the best way to eat maango is ´Dolly Parton´ method: And he first squeezed the mango with both hands for a good minute. and once the mango was soft and pulp inside, he cut the top and started sucking it..

(7218 Messages in 722 pages - View all)
<<  ... 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 [691] 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 ...  >>
Add reply to this discussion

Turkish Dictionary
Turkish Chat
Open mini chat
New in Forums
Why yer gördüm but yeri geziyorum
HaydiDeer: Thank you very much, makes perfect sense!
Etmeyi vs etmek
HaydiDeer: Thank you very much!
Görülmez vs görünmiyor
HaydiDeer: Thank you very much, very well explained!
Içeri and içeriye
HaydiDeer: Thank you very much for the detailed ...
Present continous tense
HaydiDeer: Got it, thank you!
Hic vs herhangi, degil vs yok
HaydiDeer: Thank you very much!
Rize Artvin Airport Transfer - Rize Tours
rizetours: Dear Guest; In order to make your Black Sea trip more enjoyable, our c...
What does \"kabul ettiğini\" mean?
HaydiDeer: Thank you very much for the detailed ...
Kimse vs biri (anyone)
HaydiDeer: Thank you!
Random Pictures of Turkey
Most liked
Major Vowel Harmony

Turkish lesson by admin
Level: beginner