Add reply to this discussion
Welcome to Kurdistan
(262 Messages in 27 pages - View all)
<<  ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...  >>
140.       alameda
3499 posts
 22 Feb 2009 Sun 07:45 pm

Quoting thehandsom

.................Kurdistan as a word is not ethnicity but Kurd is.

Please H...don´t take me for a simplton...Kurdistan IS an ethnic definition...as..stan is a suffix ...you know, like Pakis STAN...Afghanis STAN....Uzbekis STAN....Boratis STAN

141.       chiko
135 posts
 22 Feb 2009 Sun 10:18 pm

Quoting alameda

Please H...don´t take me for a simplton...Kurdistan IS an ethnic definition...as..stan is a suffix ...you know, like Pakis STAN...Afghanis STAN....Uzbekis STAN....Boratis STAN

is Catalonia an ethnic definition? like ItalIA...RomanIA? if your answer is yes, have you ever searched about rights of Catalans in Spain?

142.       libralady
5152 posts
 22 Feb 2009 Sun 10:35 pm

When considering ethnicity, it is worth bearing in the mind definition, so considering this definition, when trying to decide if a particular group of people can be declared an ethinic group.

ethnicity (n) a term which represents social groups with a shared history, sense of identity, geography and cultural roots which may occur despite racial difference

Let´s consider Puerto Ricans as an example of an ethnicity. Many Puerto Ricans represent various blends of White, Red and/or Black races and yet they refer to themselves collectively as Boricuas

. Despite color difference, Puerto Ricans share an ethnicity. Ethnicity shapes a group´s culture - the food, language, music, and customs.

Source: about.com

143.       peacetrain
1905 posts
 22 Feb 2009 Sun 10:52 pm

Quoting tamikidakika

AE!{#lang_emotions_lol_fast}

Why do you refer to her as Accident and Emergency?{#lang_emotions_unsure}

144.       libralady
5152 posts
 22 Feb 2009 Sun 10:56 pm

Just another reminder about off-topic please....... several posts have already been deleted from this thread.

145.       TheJanissary
384 posts
 22 Feb 2009 Sun 11:28 pm

Quoting thehandsom

Once more

Turkey is proud of you..

Of course Canli wont bother to delete this post..

Well done Canli...

But turkey is not proud of you man.

We belive the unity of turkey, not like you,

you are a toy of big powers, like ur leaders (Apo, etc)

they wrote a scenario and u are playing it, and they say human rights, peace, kurdish, turkish, alevi, sunni.

It was played in other countries too, we know the game.

Ur kurdistan dream will never come true.

u do this intentionally, most of ur messagesare are in one way.

dont try to be different just be yourself, if you are kurdish tell us the truth,

dont play innocent here.

I swear you coz u deserve it,

this thoughts are not only mine, Turkish youth is aware of everything!!!

146.       peacetrain
1905 posts
 22 Feb 2009 Sun 11:35 pm

"Different classifications, both formal and informal, are used in the UK. Perhaps the most accepted is the National Statistics classification (identical to that used in the 2001 Census in England and Wales) which contains the following groups." (see wiki link below)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnicity_(United_Kingdom)

Most official forms I have filled in seem to use these categories.  Often the word "heritage" is used to distinguish individuals or groups eg.  describing someone as "Asian Heritage"

The following article looked quite interesting too but the Anthropological perspective is only one of quite a number.  In other words the field of ethnicity is not quite as straight forward as it might first appear.

Ethnicity and Nationalism
Anthropological Perspectives

"Words like "ethnic groups", "ethnicity" and "ethnic conflict" have become quite common terms in the English language, and they keep cropping up in the press, in TV news, in political programmes and in casual conversations. The same can be said for "nation" and "nationalism", and many of us have to admit that the meaning of these terms frequently seems ambiguous and vague. "

http://folk.uio.no/geirthe/Ethnicity.html#Chapter1

147.       CANLI
5084 posts
 22 Feb 2009 Sun 11:35 pm

Quoting libralady

Just another reminder about off-topic please....... several posts have already been deleted from this thread.

+1 and i deleted the new off topics ones, please let´s keep it to the topic.

148.       thehandsom
7403 posts
 22 Feb 2009 Sun 11:37 pm

Quoting adana

Quoting thehandsom

I repeated this hundered times..

yeah,you´re a bit old barrel organ

I may sound like to some

But

when I say

We tried to assimilate them (assimilation itself is a crime against humanity);(I have given you the document/s)

We burnt their villages;(I have shown you the proof)

We killed thousands of them unlawfully..(I have given you the news articles or numbers to prove it)

We took their thousands from their homes or streets and tortured them then killed them.. (same as above)

If you still do not want to understand and if you still do not come here with showing us that ´the things I said  DID NOT HAPPEN´ , what do you want me to say?

If necessary, I will repeat them again..

btw..avalon?

149.       peacetrain
1905 posts
 22 Feb 2009 Sun 11:49 pm

Can thehandsom please clarify something for me?

I can´t find the post yet but I´m sure I read today that you said you didn´t believe a Kurdistan should be formed (sorry if I am wrong).

Please can you tell me what your thought behind the title of this thread is? Is it a belief for the future? A sarcastic remark? A taunt to your adversaries here?  What is it?

150.       adana
416 posts
 22 Feb 2009 Sun 11:55 pm

Quoting peacetrain

Can thehandsom please clarify something for me?

I can´t find the post yet but I´m sure I read today that you said you didn´t believe a Kurdistan should be formed (sorry if I am wrong).

Please can you tell me what your thought behind the title of this thread is? Is it a belief for the future? A sarcastic remark? A taunt to your adversaries here?  What is it?

I would be grateful too.But I think you expect too much from thehandsom,he is perfect at posting articles but not speaking his mind.What a pity!

(262 Messages in 27 pages - View all)
<<  ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...  >>
Add reply to this discussion

Turkish Dictionary
Turkish Chat
Open mini chat
New in Forums
Why yer gördüm but yeri geziyorum
HaydiDeer: Thank you very much, makes perfect sense!
Etmeyi vs etmek
HaydiDeer: Thank you very much!
Görülmez vs görünmiyor
HaydiDeer: Thank you very much, very well explained!
Içeri and içeriye
HaydiDeer: Thank you very much for the detailed ...
Present continous tense
HaydiDeer: Got it, thank you!
Hic vs herhangi, degil vs yok
HaydiDeer: Thank you very much!
Rize Artvin Airport Transfer - Rize Tours
rizetours: Dear Guest; In order to make your Black Sea trip more enjoyable, our c...
What does \"kabul ettiğini\" mean?
HaydiDeer: Thank you very much for the detailed ...
Kimse vs biri (anyone)
HaydiDeer: Thank you!
Random Pictures of Turkey
Most commented