Welcome
Login:   Pass:     Register - Forgot Password - Resend Activation

Turkish Class Forums / News articles, events, announcements

News articles, events, announcements

Add reply to this discussion
Great day for Turkey and Turkish democracy!!
(71 Messages in 8 pages - View all)
1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
50.       turkishcobra
607 posts
 21 Sep 2010 Tue 01:57 am

Quoting thehandsom

in a nutshell

why people said NO?
-I did not want AKP to settle in the governement 48%
-I said NO to Erdogan 46%
-I did not want the goverment to capture the judiciary 40%
-I did not want Erdogan to escape from judiciary 28%

why people said YES?
-I thought Turkey will be more free 58.2 %
-For Erdogan 46%
-I wanted to change the constitution of coup 42.4 %
-I wanted the judiciary to be independent 29.9 %

I dont think above requires any comments but it can clearly be said that :

People who voted YES were voted for the constitution ammendments, people who voted for NO, voted to oppose AKP, not for the contents of the amendments!! (It makes sense because, I know almost everybody opposed this coup constitution.. But for the sake of the politics, the opposition parties supported the constitution of the coup!!)

´Freedom, coup, independent  judiciary etc´ were the concern of the YES voters.. Not the NO voters it seems

Hahaha, you are really funny!

Anti-Erdoğan voters are %46 and voters for Erdoğan are %46, too! Is this your way of voting for ammendments? Or are they ammendments of Erdoğan? Contradiction loves you, man

Edited (9/21/2010) by turkishcobra

51.       thehandsom
7403 posts
 21 Sep 2010 Tue 02:24 am

Quoting turkishcobra

Hahaha, you are really funny!

Anti-Erdoğan voters are %46 and voters for Erdoğan are %46, too! Is this your way of voting for ammendments? Or are they ammendments of Erdoğan? Contradiction loves you, man

Just before going to bed, you made me laugh here..lol

So, you have given up and accepted  "NO voters had almost nothing to do with the ammendments but political´  but trying to prove YES voters were politically motivated too? 

Hay allah ya..

Look,  clearly, it was the constitution of a coup (everybody accepts it).. That is the bottom line!!

The thickist line is, of course, "The Anatolian people are not as ignorant as you think"

52.       turkishcobra
607 posts
 21 Sep 2010 Tue 02:33 am

Quoting thehandsom

Just before going to bed, you made me laugh here..lol

So, you have given up and accepted  "NO voters had almost nothing to do with the ammendments but political´  but trying to prove YES voters were politically motivated too? 

Hay allah ya..

Look,  clearly, it was the constitution of a coup (everybody accepts it).. That is the bottom line!!

The thickist line is, of course, "The Anatolian people are not as ignorant as you think"

Good for me that I made you laugh only going before bed, you´re making me laugh every time!

Who said you that I think as "Anatolian people are ignorant"? Stop talking nonsense, from very start I said I respected everybody´s ideas and I´m not interested in who voted yes or no like you!

I never called "ignorant" or anything else the people who voted YES, I have just criticised the method! Read the texts carefully before blaming on people, okay? We´re Anatolian people, too, and I´m proud of it, we haven´t been send from space, so watch your words! Enough is enough!

No more keyboard efforts for you, I told what I had to, and leaving you alone with your ideas!

53.       armegon
1872 posts
 21 Sep 2010 Tue 05:47 am

If I had a chance to ask these people, I could ask maybe "in which part of Turkey can any people live more freely? in secularist, oppressing and coup loving İzmir/Karşıyaka where people there 80% "No" or in city of Bayburt where the people there voted 85% "Yes"?" a relative question maybe. Bayburt should be one of the castle of democratization and most free city from now on then.  Contradiction here? Iraq is more free now as well after democratization! Someones are lying to people with parroting the same decorated expressions, democratization and more freedom, perhaps that is why 58.2% replied like this, thats the all thing they hear from media all day...

Quoting thehandsom

why people said YES?

54.       armegon
1872 posts
 21 Sep 2010 Tue 05:51 am

Quoting armegon

Anyway another important change that most people forgot is the check of actions of political power by Judiciary system which seems much weakened by changes, thus Judiciary system for instance cannot sue any action of political power overseeing the commonwealth. I guess this is one is the most important change that current political power desire...

First Applications of "Yes"??

http://www.odatv.com/n.php?n=evetin-ilk-uygulamasi--2009101200

55.       si++
3785 posts
 21 Sep 2010 Tue 11:18 am

Quoting armegon

First Applications of "Yes"??

http://www.odatv.com/n.php?n=evetin-ilk-uygulamasi--2009101200

Is this the way Turkie will be more democtratic??? Well done yes-voters!!

56.       turkishcobra
607 posts
 21 Sep 2010 Tue 11:31 am

Quoting armegon

If I had a chance to ask these people, I could ask maybe "in which part of Turkey can any people live more freely? in secularist, oppressing and coup loving İzmir/Karşıyaka where people there 80% "No" or in city of Bayburt where the people there voted 85% "Yes"?" a relative question maybe. Bayburt should be one of the castle of democratization and most free city from now on then.  Contradiction here? Iraq is more free now as well after democratization! Someones are lying to people with parroting the same decorated expressions, democratization and more freedom, perhaps that is why 58.2% replied like this, thats the all thing they hear from media all day...

Quoting thehandsom

why people said YES?

Great answer armegon! I recommend this fake democracy lovers who blame on NO-voters as "coup-supporter, anti-democtratic" to come, see and learn the democracy and freedom in Trakya! These fake democracy lovers who blame on others just because of their political views have a lot to learn from people of Trakya!

thanks.

57.       thehandsom
7403 posts
 21 Sep 2010 Tue 11:38 am

Quoting armegon

Quoting thehandsom

why people said YES?

Well obviously, that tells us something.. is it not?

I think there is no need to say that Turkey is one of the worst countries in the world as far as distribution of wealth concerned.. ´The elite´ gets the chunk of the wealth.. (I dont think I need to mention that people in izmir belongs to that elite) ..of course, that elite is fighting with everything in order to keep the things are as it is. They dont care about the democracy or human rights or anything.. (that is clear from the tables..) They did not vote for the constitutional amendments.. All they care is to keep what they have.. They are the protector of the status quo. The status quo which is not enough for the proper democracy has to go/ a better democracy has to come and  people are trying to do it with voting /parliament/ the means of democracy... (btw..if the people voted with the idea that they were voting for the amendments not for political parties, the yes votes would have been much much higher)   

What do you have in your hands in the end now? To tell people that ´democracy is NOT a good thing, look at Iraq´? 

Obviously, people of Turkey,  think the opposite and it is not a winning argument..

58.       thehandsom
7403 posts
 21 Sep 2010 Tue 11:48 am

Quoting si++

Is this the way Turkie will be more democtratic??? Well done yes-voters!!

Well, I am not sure that is the result of the constitutional changes or generic behavior of the Turkish judiciary. 

But where were you guys when hundreds of writers were in the courts because of 301 (the old constitution you have been so passionate to save), did you open your mouth when there were thousands of cases of human rights abuses, tortures, killings because of the power given to the authorities with the old constitution? Did you feel ashamed when Turkey was convicted in EU human right courts because our own citizens could not find the justice in our biased judiciary or  prosecute the torturers, the killers with our constitution?  

I wish you could follow up all other cases in the past but i am glad you are following up these type of cases now. lol

59.       si++
3785 posts
 22 Sep 2010 Wed 04:39 pm

Just an outcome of victory of "Yes" votes:

A group of people attacked opening ceremonies of two different art galleries in central İstanbul and injured 5 people. It is claimed that the attack took place due to an objection by neighbouring residents to ‘alcohol’ consuming during the ceremonies…

Source: here

Edited (9/22/2010) by si++ [Yes]

60.       scalpel
1472 posts
 22 Sep 2010 Wed 09:24 pm

Quoting thehandsom

Well, I am not sure that is the result of the constitutional changes or generic behavior of the Turkish judiciary. 

But where were you guys when hundreds of writers were in the courts because of 301 (the old constitution you have been so passionate to save), did you open your mouth when there were thousands of cases of human rights abuses, tortures, killings because of the power given to the authorities with the old constitution? Did you feel ashamed when Turkey was convicted in EU human right courts because our own citizens could not find the justice in our biased judiciary or  prosecute the torturers, the killers with our constitution?  

I wish you could follow up all other cases in the past but i am glad you are following up these type of cases now. lol

Just to inform you: 301 was not included in the package as it was already changed in 18.04.2008

(71 Messages in 8 pages - View all)
1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
Add reply to this discussion

Turkish Dictionary
Turkish Chat
Open mini chat
New in Forums
Why yer gördüm but yeri geziyorum
HaydiDeer: Thank you very much, makes perfect sense!
Etmeyi vs etmek
HaydiDeer: Thank you very much!
Görülmez vs görünmiyor
HaydiDeer: Thank you very much, very well explained!
Içeri and içeriye
HaydiDeer: Thank you very much for the detailed ...
Present continous tense
HaydiDeer: Got it, thank you!
Hic vs herhangi, degil vs yok
HaydiDeer: Thank you very much!
Rize Artvin Airport Transfer - Rize Tours
rizetours: Dear Guest; In order to make your Black Sea trip more enjoyable, our c...
What does \"kabul ettiğini\" mean?
HaydiDeer: Thank you very much for the detailed ...
Kimse vs biri (anyone)
HaydiDeer: Thank you!
Random Pictures of Turkey
Most commented