Welcome
Login:   Pass:     Register - Forgot Password - Resend Activation

Turkish Class Forums / Travelling to Turkey

Travelling to Turkey

Add reply to this discussion
Moderators: libralady, sonunda
Is it safe to travel to the southeast at the moment?
1.       JNQ
465 posts
 02 Jul 2018 Mon 10:11 pm

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if it´s safe to travel to the Diyarbakir-Mardin-Midyat-Hasankeyf area. I´ve been delaying it for a few years now but I wish to go there some time soon. How is the situation right now? 

2.       JNQ
465 posts
 13 Jul 2018 Fri 02:20 pm

I´m not sure if I asked a silly question, maybe if someone would ask this about my country I would feel it´s silly, but anyway, where I want to go is about 30km from the Syrian border, so from a Dutch point of view it seemed wise to "ask the locals".

I´m just curious if anyone on this forum is from the Mardin - Diyarbakir area, or has recently been there.

3.       harp00n
3993 posts
 13 Jul 2018 Fri 08:24 pm

You can visit everywhere of Turkey. There is no safety problem. Don´t worry. Make your plan, book your hotel and visit.

JNQ and bydand liked this message
4.       bydand
755 posts
 18 Jul 2018 Wed 01:59 pm

Quoting harp00n

You can visit everywhere of Turkey. There is no safety problem. Don´t worry. Make your plan, book your hotel and visit.

I have been coming to Turkey for thirty years, never been to the south east but have travelled extensively over western Turkey. Furthest east I have ventured is Konya and Kapadokya. I have been to Istanbul a couple of times as well most of the resorts in the south west. I am in Içmeler at the moment.

JNQ liked this message
5.       slavica
814 posts
 02 Sep 2018 Sun 06:36 pm

Quoting JNQ

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if it´s safe to travel to the Diyarbakir-Mardin-Midyat-Hasankeyf area. I´ve been delaying it for a few years now but I wish to go there some time soon. How is the situation right now? 

My friend who runs the website The Art Of Travel have visited Southeast Turkey this spring (March/April) and posted articles about this trip (articles are in Serbian, but you can see photograps and which places she visited), and she even organized a tour to Southeast Turkey with one of out tourist agecies. She claims she felt absolutely safe during the trip.

natiypuspi liked this message
6.       fenasi
5 posts
 03 Sep 2018 Mon 11:22 pm

Quoting JNQ

Hello everyone,

Why not? it`s Kurdistan and Kurds are pink and fluffy peace loving creatures. They are the only muslims christians like. Aren`t they? So why are you concerned about your safety among such lovely people?

7.       scalpel - -
203 posts
 07 Sep 2018 Fri 09:00 pm

Quoting JNQ

Hello everyone,

safe it is, no doubt, but wondering if you been still delaying or what? you know, after summer comes fall, and if you keep delaying you will have to carry one more suitcase..    

8.       natiypuspi
436 posts
 11 Sep 2018 Tue 05:43 pm

Edited (9/11/2018) by natiypuspi
Edited (9/11/2018) by natiypuspi

Add reply to this discussion

Turkish Dictionary
Turkish Chat
Open mini chat
New in Forums
Why yer gördüm but yeri geziyorum
HaydiDeer: Thank you very much, makes perfect sense!
Etmeyi vs etmek
HaydiDeer: Thank you very much!
Görülmez vs görünmiyor
HaydiDeer: Thank you very much, very well explained!
Içeri and içeriye
HaydiDeer: Thank you very much for the detailed ...
Present continous tense
HaydiDeer: Got it, thank you!
Hic vs herhangi, degil vs yok
HaydiDeer: Thank you very much!
Rize Artvin Airport Transfer - Rize Tours
rizetours: Dear Guest; In order to make your Black Sea trip more enjoyable, our c...
What does \"kabul ettiğini\" mean?
HaydiDeer: Thank you very much for the detailed ...
Kimse vs biri (anyone)
HaydiDeer: Thank you!
Random Pictures of Turkey
Most commented