General/Off-topic

Add reply to this discussion
Two pennies for your thoughts ....!!
(6551 Messages in 656 pages - View all)
<<  ... 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 [652] 653 654 655 656
6510.       catwoman
8933 posts
 08 Oct 2013 Tue 04:01 am

Ice cream binging is a BAD idea, even if it seems good at the moment and even if it´s the best ice cream in the world that you can have. DON´T DO IT! {#emotions_dlg.puking}

hazzel liked this message
6511.       alameda
3499 posts
 08 Oct 2013 Tue 05:32 am

???....I have an ice cream maker....you can make any flavor you can dream of and get the flavors for. Yum....actually home made ice cream is wonderful...and you know what is in it, no funny ingredients you can´t pronounce!

Quoting catwoman

Ice cream binging is a BAD idea, even if it seems good at the moment and even if it´s the best ice cream in the world that you can have. DON´T DO IT! {#emotions_dlg.puking}

6512.       Abla
3648 posts
 08 Oct 2013 Tue 08:55 am

A few days in Istanbul have taught me that studying Turkish was one of the few clever  -  or shall I say lucky  -  decisions I have made during my life. I urgently need to learn more.

I hate to use superlatives or flatter people and that is not my intention now either but what I have found in Turkey is only warm, helpful, patient, shy and clean people who respect the little effort a learner and a culture enthusiast has taken.

TheNemanja, slavica and elenagabriela liked this message
6513.       MarioninTurkey
6124 posts
 10 Oct 2013 Thu 03:24 pm

Quoting catwoman

I´ve got into frozen yogurt ... miles fewer calories. You can freeze a small pot in about 2 hours, and if you choose a low cal yogurt it´s even fewer cals -- but still the same pleasure!

catwoman liked this message
6514.       elenagabriela
2040 posts
 10 Oct 2013 Thu 05:45 pm

for me, the unique ice cream is  chocolate ice cream...

I dont care about calories (as you can see )

catwoman liked this message
6515.       catwoman
8933 posts
 11 Oct 2013 Fri 03:54 am

Quoting alameda

???....I have an ice cream maker....you can make any flavor you can dream of and get the flavors for. Yum....actually home made ice cream is wonderful...and you know what is in it, no funny ingredients you can´t pronounce!

That´s actually a great idea, what do you make your ice cream from in the ice cream maker? 

6516.       alameda
3499 posts
 11 Oct 2013 Fri 04:20 am

Here is a link to a pdf of the one I have. Of course, you can adjust the ingredients to your taste. I cut the sugar. Play with it. In commercial ice cream you would be amazed at the adulteration of the ingredients. 

Quoting catwoman

Quoting alameda

That´s actually a great idea, what do you make your ice cream from in the ice cream maker? 

6517.       Elisabeth
5732 posts
 11 Oct 2013 Fri 06:16 pm

Quoting alameda

???....I have an ice cream maker.... 

Best investment I ever made!  So much fun too!

alameda liked this message
6518.       alameda
3499 posts
 13 Oct 2013 Sun 03:57 am

What kind do you have? Do share...Cool...recipes please

Quoting Elisabeth

Best investment I ever made!  So much fun too!

6519.       Elisabeth
5732 posts
 13 Oct 2013 Sun 08:01 am

I have a Breville ice cream maker and my favorite flavor right now is Key Lime Pie.  It´s a 1/2 cup of granular sweetner for ice cream, 2 tablespoons of corn starch, 1/8 teaspoon of salt, 2 cups of low fat milk, 1 cup of 1/2 and 1/2, one egg yolk, 1 teaspoon of lime zest, 1/3 cup of key lime juice and then I throw in some graham cracker crumbs (for the "crust").  I got the recipe from Southern Living Magazine (they have some of the best comfort food recipes!!)

alameda liked this message
6520.       alameda
3499 posts
 14 Oct 2013 Mon 04:21 am

Wow, that´s an expensive one. I´m sure it does a better job than my Donvier, actually, I have two. I found a cute little penguin one pint model that I just had to have...lol...I´ve got to get rid of one of them. I use it in particular for extra fruit. Here in CA we have a lot of fruit and after canning, making pies, jams and jellies, ice cream and sherbert are other options for what to do with extra fruit. I´m not complaining about the fruit, but I just want to use them wisely.....

Quoting Elisabeth

I have a Breville ice cream maker and my favorite flavor right now is Key Lime Pie.  It´s a 1/2 cup of granular sweetner for ice cream, 2 tablespoons of corn starch, 1/8 teaspoon of salt, 2 cups of low fat milk, 1 cup of 1/2 and 1/2, one egg yolk, 1 teaspoon of lime zest, 1/3 cup of key lime juice and then I throw in some graham cracker crumbs (for the "crust").  I got the recipe from Southern Living Magazine (they have some of the best comfort food recipes!!)

Edited (10/14/2013) by alameda [add]

(6551 Messages in 656 pages - View all)
<<  ... 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 [652] 653 654 655 656
Add reply to this discussion

Turkish Dictionary
Turkish Chat
Open mini chat
New in Forums
Why yer gördüm but yeri geziyorum
HaydiDeer: Thank you very much, makes perfect sense!
Etmeyi vs etmek
HaydiDeer: Thank you very much!
Görülmez vs görünmiyor
HaydiDeer: Thank you very much, very well explained!
Içeri and içeriye
HaydiDeer: Thank you very much for the detailed ...
Present continous tense
HaydiDeer: Got it, thank you!
Hic vs herhangi, degil vs yok
HaydiDeer: Thank you very much!
Rize Artvin Airport Transfer - Rize Tours
rizetours: Dear Guest; In order to make your Black Sea trip more enjoyable, our c...
What does \"kabul ettiğini\" mean?
HaydiDeer: Thank you very much for the detailed ...
Kimse vs biri (anyone)
HaydiDeer: Thank you!
Random Pictures of Turkey
Most liked