Practice Turkish

Add reply to this discussion
A Few Sentences, Vol. II
(605 Messages in 61 pages - View all)
<<  ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ...  >>
250.       scalpel
1472 posts
 14 Jan 2012 Sat 06:55 pm

What makes you think that devrik cümle school I am not from? I like the way Yoda (the jedi master) speak English: "go I will" I like devrik cümle in şiir:

Beni Öp Sonra Doğur Beni

Şimdi
utançtır tanelenen
sarışın çocukların başaklarında.

Ovadan
gözü bağlı bir leylak kokusu ovadan
çeviriyor o küçücük güneşimizi.

Taşarak evlerden taraçalardan
gelip sesime yerleşiyor.

Sesimin esnek baldıranı
sesimin alaca baldıranı.

Ve kuşlara doğru
fildişi: rüzgarın tavrı.
Dağ: güneş iskeleti.

Tahta heykeller arasında
denizin yavrusu kocaman.

Kan görüyorum taş görüyorum
bütün heykeller arasında
karabasan ılık acemi
- uykusuzluğun sütlü inciri -
kovanlara sızmıyor.

Annem çok küçükken öldü
beni öp, sonra doğur beni.

Cemal Süreya

Sampanya liked this message
251.       Abla
3648 posts
 14 Jan 2012 Sat 07:48 pm

Ok, the king and the queen are closer to my level. But...I can imagine free word order is powerful in poetry, especially when there are rules or practices which you can break.

252.       scalpel
1472 posts
 14 Jan 2012 Sat 08:55 pm

Quote:

13. They should turn easily at first. Onlar ilk olarak kolay çevirilebilmeli.

14. Lower the car without applying full weight on the tire. Arabayı tam ağırlığını lastiğin üzerine vermeksizin indiriniz.  

15. In Finland winter tyres are compulsory from 1st December to the end of February unless otherwise indicated by road signs. Finlandya’da, trafik işaretleriyle ayrıca belirtilmedikçe kış lastiği Aralığın 1’isinden Șubatın sonuna zorunludur. 

13. ilk olarak = firstly; for the first time

It should be başlangıçta; ilk başta

Bijonlar ilk başta kolay çevrilebilmeliler

15. ayrıca => aksi .. 1´isinden => 1´inden ... sonuna kadar zorunludur 

Sampanya liked this message
253.       scalpel
1472 posts
 14 Jan 2012 Sat 10:11 pm

Quoting Abla

These problems in choosing the correct words are so upsetting. They can spoil a long-thought sentence and make it look like a joke. This proves how limited dictionaries are: I am using many of them at the same time and I´m probably not the most blue-eyed user but still it´s a mess sometimes. Maybe I should have read some motorists´ user manuals instead. Seriously.

I know that feeling as I have been suffering from the dictionaries since the very beginning I started learning English.. In the first days it was like looking for a needle in the hay stack.. I have hated T-E / E-T dictionaries since then.. I recommend you to use T=>T dictionaries.. Your Turkish is good enough to use this one: http://www.tdk.gov.tr/ 

254.       Abla
3648 posts
 14 Jan 2012 Sat 10:32 pm

That´s a good idea. How come I never thought about that?

You have worked so much, scalpel. No matter what I try to do on this site, I always stay indebted. Sağ ol. (But now you know how to change a tire, don´t you?)

Edited (1/15/2012) by Abla

255.       scalpel
1472 posts
 15 Jan 2012 Sun 12:12 am

If you go to SÖZLÜKLER -> Sesli Türkçe Sözlük, you will listen to the pronunciations of the words and phrases... 

256.       Abla
3648 posts
 15 Jan 2012 Sun 05:15 pm

I have been playing with Güncel Sözlük today and I really have to thank you for the link. Just like there is a new chance for understanding things. Excellent, simple examples and detailed explanations.

It´s not the first time I visit TDK site but I never thought it would be useful for me as a learner.

257.       Abla
3648 posts
 20 Jan 2012 Fri 09:47 pm

Please.

1. Kurt Wallander is a fictional character created by Swedish crime writer Henning Mankell. Kurt Wallander, İsveçli suç romanları yazarı Henning Mankell tarafından yaratılan kurgusal karakterdir.

2. As a young police officer, Wallander was nearly killed when a drunk whom he was questioning stabbed him with a butcher´s knife. Wallander genç bir polis memuruyken sorgulamakta olduğu bir içkici ona bir kasap bıçağı sapladığı gün hemen hemen öldürülmüş.

3. Wallander was once married, but his wife left him. Wallander bir zamanlar evliydi ama karısı onu bıraktı.

4. He has since had a difficult relationship with his rebellious only child, Linda, who just barely survived a suicide attempt when she was fifteen. O zamandan beri 15 yaşındayken intihar girişiminde bulunup dar darına hayatta kalan asi tek çocuğu Linda ile zor bir ilişkisi var.

5. His late father, an artist who painted the same landscape 7,000 times for a living, strongly disapproved of his son´s decision to become a police officer. Ölmüş babası, geçinmek için 7000 kez aynı manzarayı yapan bir ressam, erkek çocuğun bir polis memur olmaya karar vermesini çok beğenmemedi.

6. Inspector Wallander has few close friends, he consumes too much alcohol and junk food, exercises very little, and sometimes struggles with his own anger. Komiser Wallander’in az yakın arkadaşı var, o çok içki ve aburcubur tüketip çok az antrenman yapıp bazen kendi öfkesiyle mücadele eder.

7. He frequently regards the crimes he investigates on a very personal level, going against the orders of his superiors to try to solve a case. Sık sık üstünlerinin buyruklarına karşı gelerek vukuatı çözmeye çalışmak için araştırdığı suçları çok kişisel alır.

8. Over the years he has grown increasingly disillusioned with his work, and often wonders whether he should have become a police officer at all. Yıllar geçtikçe artan bir şekilde işinin gerçeğinin farkına varıp çoğu kez bir polis memur asla olmaysa mıydım diye düşünüyor.

9. Wallander lives with the guilt of having shot and killed a man. Wallander bir adam ateş ederek öldürdüğü için suçluluk duygusu yaşıyor.

10. This act drove him into depression and nearly led to his resignation. Bu iş onu bunalıma girdirip hemen hemen istifa ettirdi.

11. He is diagnosed with diabetes, and towards the end of his career he also suffers from memory lapses. Diyabet ile tanı koyunup meslek hayatının sonlarına doğru hafiza kaybı da yaşıyor.

12. Wallander is the protagonist of several mystery novels, set in and around the town of Ystad, 60 km south-east of the city of Malmö, in the southern province of Skåne. Wallander, konusu güneyli Skåne ilinde, Malmö şehrinin 60 kilometre güneydoğusundaki Ystad kasabasının içiyle etrafında geçen birçok esrarlı romanın kahramandır.

13. Wallander has been portrayed on screen by the actors Rolf Lassgård, Krister Henriksson and Kenneth Branagh. Wallander, aktörler Rolf Lassgård, Krister Henriksson ve Kenneth Branagh tarafından ekranlara aktarılmıştır.

258.       gokuyum
5050 posts
 24 Jan 2012 Tue 09:11 pm

Quoting Abla

Please.

1. Kurt Wallander is a fictional character created by Swedish crime writer Henning Mankell. Kurt Wallander, İsveçli suç romanları yazarı Henning Mankell tarafından yaratılan (bt: yaratılmış ) bir kurgusal karakterdir.

2. As a young police officer, Wallander was nearly killed when a drunk whom he was questioning stabbed him with a butcher´s knife. Wallander genç bir polis memuruyken sorgulamakta olduğu bir içkici (bt: ayyaş ) ona bir kasap bıçağı sapladığı gün hemen hemen öldürülmüş  neredeyse ölüyormuş.(without causative and passive it is better)

3. Wallander was once married, but his wife left him. Wallander bir zamanlar evliydi ama karısı onu bıraktı.

4. He has since had a difficult relationship with his rebellious only child, Linda, who just barely survived a suicide attempt when she was fifteen. O zamandan beri 15 yaşındayken intihar girişiminde bulunup dar darına zar zor hayatta kalan asi tek çocuğu Linda ile zor bir ilişkisi var.

5. His late father, an artist who painted the same landscape 7,000 times for a living, strongly disapproved of his son´s decision to become a police officer. Ölmüş babası, geçinmek için 7000 kez aynı manzarayı yapan bir ressam olan ölmüş babası, erkek çocuğunun bir polis memur olmaya karar vermesini çok beğenmemedi.

6. Inspector Wallander has few close friends, he consumes too much alcohol and junk food, exercises very little, and sometimes struggles with his own anger. Komiser Wallander’in az yakın arkadaşı var, o çok içki ve aburcubur tüketip çok az antrenman yapar, bazen kendi öfkesiyle mücadele eder. (1)after coma it is a new sentence and it doesnt have a direct realtionship with the predicate before so I discarded -ıp)

7. He frequently regards the crimes he investigates on a very personal level, going against the orders of his superiors to try to solve a case. Sık sık üstünlerinin buyruklarına karşı gelerek vukuatı çözmeye çalışmak için araştırdığı suçları çok kişisel alır.

8. Over the years he has grown increasingly disillusioned with his work, and often wonders whether he should have become a police officer at all. Yıllar geçtikçe artan bir şekilde işinin gerçeğinin farkına vardı (1), çoğu kez asla bir polis memuru asla olmaysa olmasa mıydım diye düşünüyor.

9. Wallander lives with the guilt of having shot and killed a man. Wallander bir adamı ateş ederek öldürdüğü için suçluluk duygusu yaşıyor.

10. This act drove him into depression and nearly led to his resignation. Bu iş onu bunalıma girdirip sokup hemen hemen (bt: neredeyse) istifa ettirdi.

11. He is diagnosed with diabetes, and towards the end of his career he also suffers from memory lapses. Diyabet ile tanı kondu (1), meslek hayatının sonlarına doğru hafiza kayıpları da yaşıyor.

12. Wallander is the protagonist of several mystery novels, set in and around the town of Ystad, 60 km south-east of the city of Malmö, in the southern province of Skåne. Wallander, konusu güneyli Skåne´in ilindeki  güney eyaletindeki Malmö şehrinin 60 kilometre güneydoğusundaki Ystad kasabasının içiyle etrafında geçen birçok esrarlı romanın kahramandır.

13. Wallander has been portrayed on screen by the actors Rolf Lassgård, Krister Henriksson and Kenneth Branagh. Wallander, aktörler Rolf Lassgård, Krister Henriksson ve Kenneth Branagh tarafından ekranlara aktarılmıştır.

Note: bt means better

Edited (1/24/2012) by gokuyum

259.       Abla
3648 posts
 24 Jan 2012 Tue 10:14 pm

Çok teşekkür ederim, gokuyum. A couple of things:

1. Ölmüş babası, geçinmek için 7000 kez aynı manzarayı yapan bir ressam olan ölmüş babası, erkek çocuğunun bir polis memur olmaya karar vermesini çok beğenmemedi. I thought I will ease the structure by saving the long introduction after the subject, but it wasn´t a good choice. Could I take this as a rule?

2. Wallander, konusu güneyli Skåne´in ilindeki  güney eyaletindeki Malmö şehrinin 60 kilometre güneydoğusundaki Ystad kasabasının içiyle etrafında geçen birçok esrarlı romanın kahramandır. Does your correction mean ´in the south of Skåne´ or ´in Skåne which is the southern province of Sweden´? I was trying to say the latter.

And still one thing, gokuyum:

Do you know Henning Mankell? Are his works translated into Turkish? Mankell was one of the well-known culture persons who was present on the accompanying vessel of Mavi Marmara a couple of years ago.

260.       gokuyum
5050 posts
 26 Jan 2012 Thu 01:53 pm

Quoting Abla

Çok teşekkür ederim, gokuyum. A couple of things:

1. Ölmüş babası, geçinmek için 7000 kez aynı manzarayı yapan bir ressam olan ölmüş babası, erkek çocuğunun bir polis memur olmaya karar vermesini çok beğenmemedi. I thought I will ease the structure by saving the long introduction after the subject, but it wasn´t a good choice. Could I take this as a rule? This way meaning is clearer. 

2. Wallander, konusu güneyli Skåne´in ilindeki  güney eyaletindeki Malmö şehrinin 60 kilometre güneydoğusundaki Ystad kasabasının içiyle etrafında geçen birçok esrarlı romanın kahramandır. Does your correction mean ´in the south of Skåne´ or ´in Skåne which is the southern province of Sweden´? I was trying to say the latter..... Ystad town that is 60 km southeast of Malmo city which is in the south province of Skane.

And still one thing, gokuyum:

Do you know Henning Mankell? Are his works translated into Turkish? Mankell was one of the well-known culture persons who was present on the accompanying vessel of Mavi Marmara a couple of years ago. No, I dont know him.

(605 Messages in 61 pages - View all)
<<  ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ...  >>
Add reply to this discussion

Turkish Dictionary
Turkish Chat
Open mini chat
New in Forums
Intermediate (B1) to upper-intermediate (B...
qdemir: ...
Why yer gördüm but yeri geziyorum
HaydiDeer: Thank you very much, makes perfect sense!
Etmeyi vs etmek
HaydiDeer: Thank you very much!
Görülmez vs görünmiyor
HaydiDeer: Thank you very much, very well explained!
Içeri and içeriye
HaydiDeer: Thank you very much for the detailed ...
Present continous tense
HaydiDeer: Got it, thank you!
Hic vs herhangi, degil vs yok
HaydiDeer: Thank you very much!
Rize Artvin Airport Transfer - Rize Tours
rizetours: Dear Guest; In order to make your Black Sea trip more enjoyable, our c...
What does \"kabul ettiğini\" mean?
HaydiDeer: Thank you very much for the detailed ...
Random Pictures of Turkey
Most commented